The Vigier Excalibur Indus series brings its cost way down with a matte finish, while retaining all the high end features of its high glossed brethren. Like all of the Vigier instruments, the Indus features extreme playability and vocal like expressiveness with the highest level of craftsmanship and features. Hi-mass locking tuners add weight to the headstock (an old studio trick) that transfers more string vibration into the body and ensures all notes ring out equally. The neck is 90% Maple and 10% Carbon Fiber making it so rigid that it doesn't use a truss rod. The lack of a truss rod is a Vigier performance feature that allows the action to be set extremely low, the neck never bows so the string height remains constant, regardless of weather conditions. The Stainless Steel frets, 12” fretboard radius, and crazy low action combine to provide what Vigiers are known for; effortless playability that enhances the skills of the player. Fueling this greatness are two DiMarzio PAF Classics wired through Vigier's brilliantly designed 5-way selector. Position 1 is bridge hum, 2 is bridge single, 3 is bridge and neck single, 4 is neck single, and position 5 is neck humbucker, providing 5 completely usable and inspiring tonal textures. Further expand on these tones with the use of Vigier's superior tremolo system which does not require a locking nut, but holds remarkable tuning stability on par with a Floyd Rose system. The trem system consists of dual zero friction string trees, a Stainless Steel zero fret, a Graphite string guide, and a tremolo bridge riding on ball bearings instead of a traditional fulcrum blade.
Weight 7lbs 7.5oz
Weight 7lbs 7.5oz
- Matte White Finish
- French Alder Body
- Velours Noir Neck (90% Maple, 10% Carbon)
- All Woods Dried Naturally for 3 Years Before Cutting
- Matte Varnish on Neck
- "D" Neck Shape
- 24 Medium Stainless Steel Frets
- 25.5" Scale Length
- 12" Fingerboard Radius
- 1st Fret Neck Thickness .760"
- 12th Fret Neck Thickness .900"
- 1.650" Nut Width
- Teflon String Guide with Hardened Zero Fret Technology
- DiMarzio PAF Classic Neck Pickup
- DiMarzio PAF Classic Bridge Pickup
- Vigier Locking Tuning Machines
- Vigier 2011 Non Locking Tremolo, Pivoting on Needle Bearings
- Chrome Hardware
- 5-Way Pickup Selector, 1 Volume, 1 Tone
- Neutrik Locking Output Jack
- Vigier Tour Ready Gig Bag made in Italy